Wednesday 14 May 2014

Social Media.



HIII GUYS!!

Social Media is something I can't imagine my life without. I rely on social media so I can talk to my boyfriend who lives out in the sticks with no phone signal. I rely on social media so that I can arrange things with my friends. It reminds me of peoples birthdays, big events and such. Social media allows me to have a nosey at others peoples lives (We all do it). Social media allows me to be me I can reveal the true me because I'm behind a screen. I can tweet how I'm feeling that day without having the need to put up pretences for the benefit of people I work with or my family and friends. I can share those thoughts that are scary and other people will be fine with it because they might be having a crappy day too. Social media inspires me. Pinterest and Tumblr have all these beautiful pictures that make me sigh and go 'that's how my house will be one day' 'I can pull off something like that, right?' 'My very-in-the-future children will have beautiful things like that'. It makes me believe that one day I can have that 'perfect life'
   But then theres a side to social media that scares me.  People can comment, DM, reply, message.. anything. People can be cruel over the most terrible things and those people who have opened up, shared a secret or just been themselves get judged and ridiculed and it makes me so sad. When those people have turned to social media just to rant or express themselves or share their thoughts some people find that it's okay to put these people down, point out their flaws and laugh at them. Its painful to watch. It amazes me that just because these 'trolls' behind a screen they feel that they can say these things. You wouldn't walk up to someone in the street and say anything that hurtful so why say it online. The amount of people who develop anxiety, depression and other mental health problems because of the abuse and comments online is devastating. I wish I could give each person a hug that's had to go through this.
 Lastly, to those people who have had comments or anything of the sort - I'd just like to apologise on behalf of the people who said those comments. You don't deserve it, you're beautiful and smart and just because one or a few people online 'think' that does not mean that's how you should see yourself and definitely does mean that it is true. Look to your friends and family or people you trust, they see you for you and love you for it! I hope you see yourself as the people who love you see you.
Hope this all makes sense and people know where I'm coming from, it's a deep and sensitive subject.


CIAO FOR NOW
                            SIAN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment